Saturday, 28 May 2011

The Best of the D.C: The London Stone

This post first appeared in July 2009

A few words from London Walks kingpin Shaughan

“As I was leading the Hidden London tour last Friday, I stopped on Cannon Street and talked about The London Stone – an ancient lump of rock dating from Roman times enshrined in an office building. I spoke about its legendary qualities, and how people in the Middle Ages would come and touch it, believing it would grant good fortune to them. My group listened and took photos of the stone, and we crossed the street and walked away. When the last London Walks pilgrim had left the sacred niche, a construction worker who had overheard my talk, ran to the stone and hit it with his hand! Such is the power of the Stone (and London Walks!).”


To follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Bebo or MySpace, to watch London Walks Films on YouTube, to send us an email or simply to catch up on the latest news from www.walks.com, click on the appropriate icon below…


bebofacebookyoutubebebobebomyspace

Email me


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I would have probably done the same, touch it at least!! You've got to hekp the luck along any way you can!!

    ReplyDelete