Tuesday, 14 February 2012

February Is Quiz Month: Q14

London Walks Pub Quiz Walks kick off again in March – by way of a preview, February is Quiz Month on The Daily Constitutional! 28 Questions in 28 Days!

Question 14:

Where is this plaque?




Answers on March 1st.


PUB QUIZ WALKS go every Thursday night in March at 7pm – a walking tour & a pub quiz with prizes.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL PUB QUIZ WALKS SCHEDULE.


CLICK TO WATCH THE PUB QUIZ WALKS FILM


bebofacebookyoutube
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. I think I actually know this one!

    Bethlehem Hospital was a hospital for the mentally ill. It was very famous, but was better known by the name Londoners gave it, a corrupted form of "Bethlehem"--"BEDLAM". The word Bedlam came to mean any wild, chaotic situation, from stereotypes about mentally ill people.

    I won't give away the answer, but the building is now used for something completely different. (I'm guessing I'm not the only one who knows this one)

    KEVP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I have just found out that I had confused the SECOND Bethlehem hospital and the THIRD one. Perhaps this was an intentional trick question!!

    My answer was going to be "The Imperial War Museum", but no, that was the THIRD Bethlehem Hospital, where the Hospital moved in 1815. So at the moment I don't know where THIS plaque (for the SECOND Bethlehem Hospital is). I have a suspicion, I suspect a particular building in London, that would not be the same building, but might perhaps be on the same site (as the plaque says).

    Today, Bethlem hospital still exists, and still specializes in the treatment of the mentally ill. I am having some trouble figuring out where it is currently located.

    KEVP

    ReplyDelete