We ran into the Morris Men down on Bankside on one of our Pub Quiz Walks last night – and stumbled upon 600 years of London history into the bargain…
1. 2012 – completion of exterior of The Shard. Renzo Piano’s 1016 feet (309.6 metres) tall tower opens to the public in February 2013.
2. 1866 – The Cannon Street Railway Bridge – originally named The Alexandra Bridge.
3. Electric street lighting – the first electric street lamps along The Embankment were installed in 1878.
4. 1488 – the earliest record of Morris Dancing in England.
5. 1615 – date of The Anchor pub – Tom Cruise has a pint here in Mission Impossible.