Wednesday, 9 January 2013

The Seriously Hard London Quiz

The start of 2013 finds LW's  David Tucker in a mean mood… at least that's the case if his Seriously Hard London Quiz is anything to go by.

Yesterday on Twitter, David posted 10 London questions so tough, so labyrinthine, so devious that grown men and women broke down in tears.

For those of you not on Twitter, here are the ten questions. Good luck everyone…



















The answers will be posted on www.walks.com soon. 




A London Walk costs £9 – £7 concession. To join a London Walk, simply meet your guide at the designated tube station at the appointed time. Details of all London Walks can be found at www.walks.com.

bebofacebookyoutube


Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm . . .
    1, 2, 6, and 9 I have no idea.
    I'm pretty sure I know number 5, the first "dauntless" woman in British history? But that is the softball question. (The woman I am thinking of wasn't a Londoner, but that doesn't seem to be part of the question)
    I'm pretty sure I know number 7, London's first printer, and I think I know one of his innovations. But maybe it is a trick question since it says "Be careful with this one".
    I think I know number 3--the earliest reference to London Bridge.
    4 and 8 would take some thinking and searching.
    10 is tough, there are a LOT of places that the liberties of the English stem from.

    KEVP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi KEVP,

    David here. Okay, c'mon – slide those chips out onto the table. Very interested to see what you've come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to ruin it for anyone else who is guessing . . .

    Maybe I don't understand the Etiquette of these things.

    KEVP

    ReplyDelete