Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Let’s All Go Down the Strand No.3

Stalking The Strand with camera and pen, David Tucker presents a few new angles on one of London's most famous thoroughfares…



Let’s All Go Down the Strand…

Or should we? 

Go down the Strand, I mean. 


It’s where the wild things are. 

Scary wild things. 

Like seriously big golden birds that brook no opposition.






How does the poem go?

I kill where I please because it is all mine.
There is no sophistry in my body:
My manners are tearing off heads –

The allotment of death.
For the one path of my flight is direct
Through the bones of the living.
No arguments assert my right.

Well, you get the idea.  I wouldn’t make eye contact with him if I were you. Feathers like plates of armour. And as for those talons…

Been down the Strand? How many hundreds of times (or quite a few if you’re a tourist)?

Seen him? Didn’t think so. 


Maybe go in there – where the wild things are – with a London Walks guide.




A London Walk costs £9 – £7 concession. To join a London Walk, simply meet your guide at the designated tube station at the appointed time. Details of all London Walks can be found at www.walks.com.









Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment