Wednesday, 9 March 2016

RIP George Martin


D.C Editor Adam writes…

It is with great sadness that I wake to the news that Sir George Martin has passed away. He was ninety years old.

One of my favourite Beatles-related albums of them all is George Martin – In My Life. The album was made and curated by Sir George in 1998 and features figures from the world of the arts taking a tilt at the work of The Beatles.

My favourite track features the late Robin Williams working with Bobby McFerrin on the Abbey Road track Come Together. For me the track captures the inspired eccentricity of the project and combines the great man's love of laughter with his innate musicality. He will be terribly missed…











A London Walk costs £10 – £8 concession. To join a London Walk, simply meet your guide at the designated tube station at the appointed time. Details of all London Walks can be found at www.walks.com.









Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment