Saturday, 31 December 2016

The Daily Constitutional Editor's Diary 2016 November: #DenmarkStreet, #AlleyCatBar & @SpursOfficial (Again!)


At the end of 2016, The Daily Constitutional's editor Adam looks back at his walking & blogging London year…



November

In November I added a new element to my Wednesday night Rock'n'Roll London Pub Walk: a live gig!


At the first pub stop – the Alley Cat Bar in Denmark Street – I perform a 20 minute acoustic set featuring songs that crop up along the route of the walk. Come and join me when the tour resumes again in March 2017!


Also in November I was gifted a ticket to see Spurs at Wembley by a London Walker! Nick Idolini from Florida, traveling with his wife and sister to watch the NY Giants in the NFL game at Twickenham gave me the ticket at the end of my Jack the Ripper tour. (I blogged about it HERE.)

Thanks Nick!


The great coincidence of November was that I had already been booked to take family, associates, sponsors and journalists from Spurs' opponents Bayer Leverkusen on a tour of Covent Garden and the West End on the morning of the match!



They were a lovely bunch and, at the end our tour in Trafalgar Square I was able to say that I hoped they enjoyed MOST of the rest of their day in London!


Thanks to Nick and family from Florida for the ticket!


My fave London snap from November was captured on my iPhone whilst out for an early morning run – sunrise in East Finchley Cemetery…



November is also Christmas Cake month!














A London Walk costs £10 – £8 concession. To join a London Walk, simply meet your guide at the designated tube station at the appointed time. Details of all London Walks can be found at www.walks.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment