Saturday, 31 December 2016

The Daily Constitutional Editor's Diary 2016 July: @Severndroog, @britishlibrary & #LondonIsOpen


At the end of 2016, The Daily Constitutional's editor Adam looks back at his walking & blogging London year…

DC Editor Adam writes…

July
I fell in love with Severndroog Castle about 10 years ago when I began my first journey around the Capital Ring orbital walking route. It was a small, near-derelict castle atop Shooter's Hill in southeast London in the middle of Oxleas Wood.





I was delighted to see that it has now been restored (with a lovely cafe!)…




 Isobella recommends the Chocolate Chip Cookies…








Best exhibition of the month was Punk 1976 - 78 in the perhaps unlikely surroundings of The British Library - one of my fave shows of 2016.

A well-curated if small exhibition, the sleeve gallery of 7" single artwork was particularly good and there was a continuous loop screen of the Bill Grundy incident with the Sex Pistols cussing on live TV, still thrilling and still hilarious. 




I snapped my best ever selfie in July, In Kensington Gardens, soaking up some sone before my Kensington walk…





And in July The Mayor's excellent #LondonIsOpen campaign was launched. Well done Sadiq! Hear hear!








A London Walk costs £10 – £8 concession. To join a London Walk, simply meet your guide at the designated tube station at the appointed time. Details of all London Walks can be found at www.walks.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment