Thursday, 26 January 2017

London Walks: London Runs


DC Editor Adam writes…


So I'm quietly quaking in my boots tonight.

My London Walks and Podcasting colleague Andy is taking me out for a run tomorrow.

Keep in mind that this guy regularly runs 5K and 10K runs for charity.

And I have difficulty even running for a bus.

He keeps using words such as "easy" and "gentle" and "slow".

I fear his concepts of easy, gentle and slow will bear no relation whatsoever to mine.

My idea of a "run" is not much further than one mile by which point I am usually wheezing a sound resembling the massed pipes and drums of the Argyle and Sutherland Highlanders playing Firestarter by The Prodigy.

I further fear his dastardly plan is to run me to a standstill on Hampstead Heath and leave me for dead so that he can take over the London Walks Podcast and have it all for himself.

Gentle reader I beseech thee: If I'm not back by 2pm, call the authorities and search the Heath.


If I make it out alive, we'll be sharing the results on the forthcoming London Walks Podcast on Health and Fitness.


Wish me luck.




A London Walk costs £10 – £8 concession. To join a London Walk, simply meet your guide at the designated tube station at the appointed time. Details of all London Walks can be found at www.walks.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment