Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Big Walk Wednesday: #London #WC2 to #W8 to #E1 #Photoblog

DC Editor Adam writes…


As regular Daily Constitutional readers and some London Walkers will know, on my days off I like to stride out and walk London. I'm a big fan of the Capital Ring orbital walking route and I love to walk the Thames. Many of the pictures and ideas that end up on this blog are born out of my rambles.


On Wednesdays here on The Daily Constitutional, I'll be sharing some snaps, random observations and the odd bit of trivia picked up along the routes of my wanders.





This week… 

A working Big Walk Wednesday – leading three public London Walks tours and my private wanders in between from Covent Garden to Kensington and back through the West End to Tower Hill ending up in Spitalfields…





A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step. 

My 18.3 mile Thursday 19th January began with a 0.5 mile school run…




The church yard in the picture is at Holy Trinity Church in East Finchley. I blogged about it earlier HERE.

First walk of the day was Inside Covent Garden, along the route of which we met Inigo…




… taking a nap at St Paul's Church. 


Later on the route I grabbed a quick selfie in London's oldest restaurant…






The step count for Inside Covent Garden…




Then it was off on foot under milky sunshine…




… via Green Park…



… under Wellington Arch heading west…



I picked up a Sadiq Cycle at Hyde Park Corner and headed off to Kensington for a spot of lunch. 

Here's Kensington…




… and here's the lunch…



… and here's my unwelcome lunch guest. Gertcha…




Fortified for a 2pm start to my Old Kensington walk, I met some lovely London Walkers at High Street Kensington tube..

Here are the stats…





Old Kensington is one of my favourite London Walks. Not least for the sunsets at this time of year…








Then it's back on a Sadiq Cycle via the "Kensington Gasworks"…



… and the Gothic Space Rocket…



… dismounting again at Hyde Park Corner for a second pass on foot through the Wellington Arch…




Some sunlight in Green Park – the first time this winter. Spring is near at hand…






A busker in Leicester Square…





A second pass through Covent Garden (supper at Wagamama)…





and then, with my right shoulder to the Thames I head to Tower Hill.

Here's a video I made earlier about this section of the walk, my favourite "commute" of the week…







Third London Walk of the day: Jack the Ripper…





Here's the step count…




And here's a tootsie selfie at Moorgate Underground station as I wend my way home…









The map of the day…






A London Walk costs £10 – £8 concession. To join a London Walk, simply meet your guide at the designated tube station at the appointed time. Details of all London Walks can be found at www.walks.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment